Public Safety and Police Department
The Public Safety Department is dedicated to providing services which improve quality of life by protecting life and property, maintaining order, and reducing crime and disorder through education and prevention.
Cannon Beach Police Department Information
Open: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Office Telephone: (503) 436-2811
• Calls made outside of daily hours are forwarded to the Seaside Police Department, at (503) 738-6311, for dispatch.
Emergency Telephone: 9-1-1
Seaside Police Department Information
Open: (24) twenty-four hours a day, (7) seven days a week
Non-Emergency Telephone: (503) 738-6311
Public Safety Staff
Police Chief, Jason Schermerhorn (503) 436-8071
Administrative Assistant Laura Yokoyama, Phone (503) 436-2811, Fax (503) 436-1584
Police Officers: Joseph Bowman, Seth Collins, Devon Edwards, Josh Gregory, Lewis Holbrook, Sean Johnson, and Lieutenant, Chris Wilbur
For Municipal Court Service Information, click here.
• Reserve Police Officer
Cannon Beach Police Department is now accepting applications for Reserve Police Officer. Please contact Lieutenant Wilbur for more information.
Reserve Police Officer Application. [.pdf]
• Police Services
The Cannon Beach Police Department consists of eight (8) sworn members and one administrative/support member. The department provides service seven days per week on a 24-hour basis. In addition to responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, the department provides patrol and investigative services. The Police Station is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., five days per week. In cooperation with our community, the Police are dedicated to upholding the U.S. Constitution, the laws of Oregon, and the ordinances of the City of Cannon Beach. To Contact the Police Department, click here.
- Cannon Beach Police Department K-9 Program Brochure
- Coffee with a COP Event
- Gun locks are available at the Police Station upon request and free of charge. The locks are provided in conjunction with “Project Childsafe,” a national effort to secure firearms in the home.
- Winter Storm Tips from the Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Winter Beach Safety Tips
- The Cannon Beach Police Department is seeking applicants for its Reserve Officer Program. Interested parties should contact Lieutenant, Chris Wilbur, at 436-2811 for more information.
- For more information on Emergency Preparedness Committee and Community Policing meetings, agendas, and minutes visit: Meeting Minutes
Citizen's Report/Comment Form [.pdf]
Road Conditions Oregon Call 5-1-1
Tips & Bulletins