The City of Cannon Beach is accepting applications for the temporary position of Parking-Information Aide
Temporary employment from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
If you are thinking of a career in Law Enforcement this is a great way to start learning. The positions are full time, 40 hours per week. Weekend work is required. Rate of pay is $16.50 per hour.
Some duties of the Parking-Information Officer include but are not limited to:
- Use of bicycle for patrol (required)
- Providing directions and information
- Advising drivers of parking regulations
- Asking drivers to move vehicles to proper parking locations
- Keeping track of available parking spaces
- Issuing parking violation warnings and citations
- Assisting Police Officers with investigations and emergencies
- Assisting the Fire Department with traffic control
- Keeping a daily notebook
- Performing other odd jobs as required
These positions are not under the collective bargaining unit and offer no benefits. Uniforms will be provided and are required.
To apply, complete the Employment Application.
Completed applications can be emailed to: police [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us or dropped off at the Cannon Beach Police Department, 163 E. Gower, Cannon Beach. Any questions, please call the Cannon Beach Police Department: (503) 436-2811