The City of Cannon Beach is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. The position is a permanent full-time position. Work hours generally are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; occasional evening meeting attendance may be required; excellent benefits; pay scale $27.67 - $35.30/hr. This position is within a represented bargaining unit (Union).
Under general supervision, the positions in this class perform a full range of routine to complex administrative and secretarial support for the Public Works department, or as otherwise assigned within the City. Coordinates the administrative activities of the department, program or functional area assigned.
Administrative Assistants provide diverse and confidential administrative, secretarial, and support services, interact with internal and external customers, public, vendors and other individuals; may lead, direct, or supervise other clerical support staff; and performs other duties as assigned. Incumbents may participate in broad Citywide issues and interact with elected officials, representatives of industry, community, or professional groups. Please see attached document titled "Administrative Assistant Public Works Department Job Classification" for classification specifics.
In addition to listed Administrative Assistant qualifications, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills or demonstrate and articulate their ability to learn them:
- Customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations;
- Public procurement and contracting experience and knowledge of associated regulations and the ability to articulate these regulations and processes to teammates, contractors, and other stakeholders;
- Project coordination abilities, including but not limited to coordination between teammates, consultants, contractors, and external government agencies;
- Ability to learn and implement new computer software including government databases;
- Understanding of budget functions;
- Ability to adapt task priorities to respond to changing needs;
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Grant writing and funding application and administration experience.
Veterans who meet the minimum qualifications for a position open for recruitment may be eligible for preference in employment under Oregon law. If you are a Qualified Veteran or Qualified Disabled Veteran and would like to be granted preference in the selection and hiring process for a specific posted job, please fill out this Veterans’ Preference Form below and provide proof of eligibility by submitting a copy of form DD-214 or 215 (copy 4). This completed form and required supporting documentation must be submitted with your application in order for consideration for Veterans’ Preference.
Application deadline: Open until filled. First review of applications will be October 23, 2023. Download an application and job description from our website: www.ci.cannon-beach.or.us/jobs. Send application, cover letter and resume to Karen La Bonte, labonte [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us or PO Box 368, Cannon Beach, OR 97110.