Vehicles on the Beach

Motor vehicles are not permitted on the beach unless a permit has been issued by either the Cannon Beach Police Department or the Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation. The Police Department issues short duration beach access permits at no cost for persons with disabilities and for vehicles being used to gather driftwood for personal use. The Police Department issues 12-month beach access permits for launching and recovering Dory and Zodiac fishing boats. Beach access for vehicles with a valid permit is at Tolovana Wayside. The Police Department cannot issue other special use permits such as beach weddings, organized events, contractors, etc. These types of special access/usage must be approved by the Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation. However, the Police Department does provide Parks & Rec application forms and fax/telephone numbers.