Four Councilors and the Mayor are elected at-large for four-year terms, with a limit of eight years continuous service per member. Council meets on a regular basis, at least once a month, and is presided over by the Mayor, who leads the meetings and ensures that proper rules of order are followed. In the Mayor's absence, the Council President takes on his or her duties.
All Council meetings are required by law to be open to the public, and a recording of the proceedings is taped, and transcribed into written minutes which are later approved by Council.
- 1st Tuesday, 6:00 pm: Regular Meeting
- 2nd Tuesday, 6:00 pm: Work Session
View Agendas and Minutes (agendas are posted online at least one week prior to the date of the meeting; minutes are available once approved)
- knop [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us (Barb Knop), Mayor
- Nancy McCarthy, Council President
- hayes [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us (Gary Hayes), Councilor
- Lisa Kerr, Councilor
- ogilvie [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us (Brandon Ogilvie), Councilor
You can watch live meetings on the City's YouTube page. The page includes an archive of previous meetings that can be viewed on demand.