To build a safer and more resilient community.
To work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recovery from, and mitigate all hazards.
We strive for compassion, equality, fairness, integrity and respect.
- Be Community-Centric in Mission and Program Delivery
- The whole community is better prepared and knowledgeable to take immediate and more informed actions.
- City leadership is better prepared and positioned for effective recovery and mitigation.
- Businesses know the risks and the actions to take and have the tools required, to recover from the impact of an emergency.
- Build Resource Capability for Emergencies and Disasters
- Capability gaps are identified and addressed in all city departments.
- Partnerships and tools are in place to support City resource depletion.
- Recruit emergency volunteers with expertise needed to fill resource gaps.
- Strengthen the City’s Capacity to Provide Services
- Incident workforce is appropriately staffed, trained, and managed.
- Rapid mobilization for efficient and effective deployment of workforce.
- Essential City service operations and workforce identified and cross-trained for mission critical areas.
- Enhance the City’s Recovery Structure
- City workforce trained and equipped to work at alternative work sites.
- Whole community partnership engagement to make resilient investments, economic development, and community planning decision before and after an emergency.
- Identify recovery gaps and build a sustainable long-term operational framework to include the whole community.
- Deliver Emergency Information to the Community
- Disaster services are transparent, data driven, and effectively shared with the community.
- Develop multi-pronged communication platform to ensure the whole community is informed effectively and efficiently.
- Align City public information framework to a community-centric delivery.