The Building Department provides plan review for construction and remodeling for buildings within the city limits. This plan review, along with subsequent structural, plumbing and mechanical inspections, assures compliance with state building codes.
The Building Division offers an online permit purchasing and tracking system through the State of Oregon ePermitting platform.
Contractors are able to apply for and purchase building permits for structural, mechanical, and plumbing projects online, submit plans electronically, and schedule inspections 24/7 by phone, 1-888-299-2821 or online at www.BuildingPermits.Oregon.gov
For Non-Contractors, building permit applications may be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person at City Hall. Non-Contractors can still use the ePermitting program to schedule inspections, pay fees, and check permit status; and non-contractors do not need to create an account to access these features!
- Applications should include the completed application form, site plan, construction plans, and value of proposed project.
- Applications may be submitted via ePermitting (contractors only), mail, fax (503-436-2050, attention Building Department), email (building [at] ci.cannon-beach.or.us) or in person at City Hall.
- A Plan Review fee may be required at the time of submittal with the balance of the permit fees due upon issuance of the permit. The amount due will be sent to you via email with payment instructions/options.
- Most permits are issued within 4-6 weeks of the date of submittal of a complete application. Applicants will be notified if an application is incomplete with the additional information that is required or to inform them that the permit is ready to be issued.
- Once the permit is issued you will be notified to as to how to pick up your permit and job site plans. The Job Site Copy of the plans must be on site during construction and inspections
Are issued by Clatsop County Building Codes Division, located at 800 Exchange Street, Suite 100, in Astoria. Click here to access an Electrical Permit Application.
Please mail applications to:
800 Exchange Street
Astoria, OR 97103
or fax to Clatsop County Building Codes at 503-338-3666.
Backflow Assembly Testers are required to obtain licensing through the Construction Contractors Board (CCB) or the Landscape Contractors Board (LCB) if they provide their services for a fee. CCB and LCB licenses have not been verified for individuals on this list. Please click here for Backflow Assembly Testers. *Please call the CCB at (503) 378-4621 or the LCB at (503) 986-6561 to verify licensing.